Written by the Rev. William Slack (1917-1937) and edited by Arnetta Gravier.
The fourth and current church building was constructed in 1926 at the corner of Bolton Avenue and Murray Street, and it was the rector, Dr. William Slack, who designed and supervised the installation of the windows. The glass depicts a historical sequence, from the ministry of Jesus, to the life of James, to the evolution of the church in history, including the American colonies. Windows were designed by the Jacoby Glass Company, St. Louis.
According to Arnetta Gravier, "nineteenth-century excavations in the Middle East uncovered colored glass pieces believed to have been made as early as 1400 B.C. Glass was used for vessels and ornaments until the Romans used glass in an architectural context. Decorative glass windows appeared in churches at an early date."
This from the Rev. Slack: "Rarely does it happen that it is possible to supply at one time all the windows necessary to fill the openings. It may be of interest to record the cost of the windows - $13,500...Because it was all done [planned] at one time, there is a harmony that is found in these windows which is extremely unusual."